Wednesday 11 February 2015

How To: Chippy Sandwich

Hey Nibblers!

       Not long to go until Valentine's Day. This tutorial is based on one of my all time favourite things. My parents rarely allowed potato chips in the house so whenever we did have them in the house, I made it my mission to butter some bread and pop a bunch of potato chips in. The crunch of the chips against the smooth butter was enough to make any day an awesome one.
       Now that I'm in my 20s, I think the 'Chippy Sandwich' needs an upgrade. This sandwich is simple and so versatile. Change the chip flavour or filling to your special one's favourite and voila! you have got this person hooked.

How To: Chippy Sandwich
Yields one awesome sandwich


What you'll need:
- 2 slices of bread
- Strip of bacon (Cut into 4 sections to match the length of the sandwich slice)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs. of butter
- 1 small bag of BBQ chips (I used Samson's crinkle cut) - 'BBQ' sauce
- 1 small bag of Doritos (I used Nacho Cheese) - 'cheese' layer

How To:
1. Fry bacon bits in a fry pan for about 5 minutes each side on a low to medium heat to ensure perfect crisp bacon then set aside on a paper towel for the oil to soak
2. Fry egg in the same pan until cooked then set aside
3. Toast bread
4. Butter each slice of toasted bread
5. Place bacon on top of one slice
6. Add 'cheese' layer by stacking on the Doritos
7. Add fried egg to the stack
8. Whack on the 'BBQ' sauce layer
9. Close the sandwich
10. Consume!






         Hope you are all having a lovely week and that this tutorial brings all the boys/ ladies to the yard. It would definitely bring me to some yards. If you do give this a go make sure to tag me in your instagram post, I would love to see them. OR better yet, leave a comment in the section below.

Nibble Away,

            Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...